About Me

My photo
Hussam has been a lifelong human rights activist who is passionate about promoting democratic societies, in the US and worldwide, in which all people, including immigrants, workers, minorities, and the poor enjoy freedom, justice, economic justice, respect, and equality. Mr. Ayloush frequently lectures on Islam, media relations, civil rights, hate crimes and international affairs. He has consistently appeared in local, national, and international media. Full biography at: http://hussamayloush.blogspot.com/2006/08/biography-of-hussam-ayloush.html

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Back from snowy Washington, D.C.

I came back last night from a short trip to D.C. I left the 30 degrees and snowy weather of D.C. back to the 80 degrees of Southern California. I don't know about you, I think snow is nice for pictures, but not as a living condition. We are humans and not polar bears.

Below are a few photos from my recent visit.


CAIR's office










New Jersey Avenue. The blurry thing in the center of the picture is the Capitol. Blame the weather for not being able to see it.
Trees crying for help: "Get me some sun light, take me to California"

Walking...
My ride back to the warmth of California

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

salam,
CAIR should relocate to Miami, it is warmer and nicer down here, but need to bring Hurricane shutters :)

Foad

Anonymous said...

Salaam Hussam,

Since we're talking about the weather, this "polar bear" would like to report recent near-80 degree weather in our nation's capital.

(In the interest of full disclosure and accuracy in reporting, I feel obliged to mention that they're calling for snow and 30 degree weather on Friday) :(

WS,
Amina